I have listed a few of the reasons people are choosing San Ramon for Costa Rica Retirement.
This is information important to one’s decision in choosing location
It is located 10 13’ 13’’ latitude North, 84 35- 20 longitudes West. 40 Miles North of San Jose, and about 3468 feet above sea level. Situated in the Alajuela province, just off the Interamerican highway.
- Distances from other places
- Airport 35 minutes
- San Jose 1 hour
- Beaches 45 minutes
- Mountains 15 minutes
- Volcano Arenal 1.5 hour
- Golf 45 minutes
- Lodging, Resorts, B&B, Hotels, all in and around San Ramon
- It’s warm and breezy year round, about 74 F.
- It is the most important city out of the Great Metropolitan Area. Is the Regional Center for many public entities, It has all the public services (Major hospital, Private clinics, Red Cross with free ambulances services, Schools, Churches, Universities, UCR, University San Jose, and so on)
- It is an important commercial center. The commercial activities in town are shoe stores, clothing stores, restaurants, bars, discotheques, jewelry stores, public market, weekend ferias of the agriculture with very cheap produces and fruits etc, and there’s even a small shopping center in the entrance of San Ramon from the highway. Its principal agriculture activities are the coffee, ornamental plants and sugar cane plantations.
- European settlers colonized San Ramon in the 1840’s, and started developing the land of this little colony for farming. It is also known as the “City Of Poets” (for many and important Costa Rican poets were born here) and three ex presidents of the Republic were born and brought up in San Ramon.
As some areas of Costa Rica are becoming over-developed, San Ramon is a unique gem located in a mountain valley, It has retained its laid-back Pura Vida life style and affordability, for example most of the stores in the downtown area close from 12 pm to 2 pm. San Ramon is just being discovered by an International community craving a real Costa Rica.
Here we have properties in San Ramon for every taste and wallet, from downtown houses, guarded communities, small to medium farms to big fincas, with prices ranges US$ 5.00 square meter of land, US$ 30.000.00 for lot with a small house, to million dollars properties.
Just let us know what you would like and will find it for you.
I chose San Ramon for its many wonderful interesting places to visit, plenty of activities for everyone, the slower pace of life that attracts locals and visitors, the charming people, the appealing climate, the beautiful mountain and coast views, the easiness to find any service or product that you need in a very anti stressful and quick way.
It’s just the perfect place to live if you want to enjoy peacefulness and comfort in even a very affordable way. And be close to everything.
Choose, San Ramon. I did and I don’t regret it… AT ALL!
Any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Michel Paulin toll free 1 888 581 1786